///Pio's Living Room///

home /// archives

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Tonight, missing my old friends in Broken Hill, I went to the Friend in Hand at Glebe to find out what their poetry night was all about. I returned with a poem:

Barflies in Glebe

red velvet woman
with red velvet voice
strums the soul
to the chuckle of double bass

a girl tosses smoke puffs
back with a flick of brown ringlets
a statement of bohemian cool

from the corner
full speed
schizo-stream-of-consciousness
performs to an unseen audience
three minutes
stretched to the limit

stories of unrequited lust
or writer’s block
eyebrow-raised humour
sex as a condiment
youth their wine

and I, from the worker’s world
they spurn and yet aim to join
sit in the dark
stale smoke my memory
this poem my souvenir

19/8/03

Piokiwi 3:53 am

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment


///This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?///