///Pio's Living Room///

home /// archives

Monday, October 27, 2003

A crazy but somehow satisfying weekend, doing extra shifts in my old stomping ground, the Children’s Emergency dept. I went from managing intubated, unconscious patients to deciding what was wrong with a succession of unhappy, snot nosed babies and toddlers. It’s a harder job than it seems (though very familiar to me by now), and carries a weighty responsibility. However, now that I’m safely home (after midnight) I can recall with some amusement that I spent a largish proportion of my time today trying to coax a recalcitrant 2 year old that he needed to take his medication. Coaxing, bribes, threats, reasoning and sheer force all met with little success, and several hours later the score was still :
2 year old - one
4 adults – nil.

Hmm. In the end I shook hands with the two year old after a spirited contest of wills, and decided to let him go home anyway. Good luck to the parents who now have the task of giving him more medication.....


email me: piokiwi@yahoo.com.au

Piokiwi 3:37 am

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment


///This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?///