///Pio's Living Room///

home /// archives

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Driving home to bad pop music can do funny things to me. Amazing the number of times I’ve ended up blubbering on the way, and arriving home with half-connived song clichés in my head. Sometimes these are tossed aside in favour of much needed dreams (and rest), but occasionally they make it into my diary…..and even more occasionally, into my computer in the form of tuneless song lyrics. The opposite of a Song without Words….. Up to now, I’ve not been game to release these for public perusal, aiming to one day (whenever I magically become a genius guitar player I suppose) put in some attempt at a tune. However, seeing that’s not going to happen for some time, what the heck. Here are some of them.

The reason I’m a bit embarrassed is that (this is the theory anyway), being song lyrics/mass appeal etc, they are full of clichés, bad rhymes and words no self-respecting modern poet would put in a poem, such as “love”. Everyone will now jump on me and point out all the deep, meaningful and totally poetic song lyrics that have been written by U2, Sting and the like – I know, I know.

Strange
I’m walking the streets
my body torn in half
No one turns, no one screams
How strange

I look into the mirror
My eyes do not connect
They rove distant lands, seeking
How strange

My body is below
I drift above
Look down to see it weeping
How strange

You’re talking to me
You see that I laugh
But you’re talking to a fake
How strange

Strange I lost the one I loved
I never told
Stranger come and rescue me
From this despair

I”ll walk the streets
Tonight, in halves
No one will turn, no one will scream
How strange


Forgive me


I know you didn’t
Believe in life beyond
What’s done is done
One life we own

But if sometimes I call you down from the sky
sometimes I see your eyes in the stars
sometimes I catch your voice on the wind
forgive me

Your hand was warm
Your pulse still so strong
But blood betrayed
Your mind had drowned

But if sometimes I dance with my hands wrapped around
sometimes I sing in a solo duet
sometimes I talk to your smile on the wall
forgive me

So now you rest
Dust in a green box
Soon to be free
At one with tide and sea

But if sometimes I sigh at lingering sunset
sometimes let the sand wash from between my toes
sometimes dream of your warm hand in mine

forgive me



Annandale 4/11/03


email me: piokiwi@yahoo.com.au

Piokiwi 5:03 am

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment


///This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?///