///Pio's Living Room///

home /// archives

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Page

the blank page stares accusingly
I stare back
neither of us blink.

you’ve neglected me
it seems to say
and you think six short measly lines
are enough?

really I think you should be writing much longer lines than this
selecting delicious emotive interpersonal language
there’s been a
paucity
of expression
so far.

I disagree
simplicity
is elegance

or possibly
I’m just lazy.
really, there is nothing so daunting
as sitting down in front of a blank page
but see
I’m already more than half way down
cunning eh?

I could try enlarging font next
or stretching margins
but basically
it all comes down to
saying what I need to say

pithy language
an arrow from the soul
aimed directly between the eyes

and thwack!
it hits its target
and I run off laughing
before you realize
I’ve reached the end of the poem

ha ha


Hometime, winter

car crawls
shoulders sagged
blowing haze into a day
suddenly bereft of sun

rivulet of red tail lights
bounce
through traffic light rapids
vying to be home first

the moon
a golden seashell
caught in the net of
a plane tree

street lights flicker on
turning streets into
neon conduits
of grief and love and talkback radio

and above
the dark hills brooding
their sheep like philosophers
masticating on the world’s problems

the moon
finally free
climbs to bang its big bronze gong

Auckland, 04/08/04

I've been getting easily emotional lately, a sure sign that I need to write things out (have been pretty slack on the writing front ever since I returned from my travels). So tonight I decided to sit down and not allow mysefl to go to bed until I'd written two poems.
email me: piokiwi@yahoo.com.au


Piokiwi 12:11 am

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment


///This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?///