///Pio's Living Room///

home /// archives

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Over a year since my last post. I've been busy in other forums; nibbling away at the cakecrumbs of experience in my travels; struggling to rediscover the meaning I once found in medicine. And yes, that old bugbear, romance. (What IS a bugbear exactly? must be a strange beast).

Ah yes, that "L" word. Love. How can that strange word, so lilting, so soft from the tongue, be wielded so often with the direct force of a sharp knife to the heart? Professional women lose their usual smooth assurance and gag before using it. Grown men run rather than hear it. It is bright and shiny as plastic, smooth and rich as chocolate, bitter as lemon rind and brain-dulling as absinthe.

Ah, love. I fear it and I want it.




email me: piokiwi@yahoo.com.au

Piokiwi 11:28 pm

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment


///This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?///